Monday, June 25, 2007

I think I like cheese. Brie, if you insist.

When you live in your head for as long as I do, you eventually get to that point when you have really random thoughts hopping around in there, like.. err.. wild white kangaroos in a watery Welsh wasteland.

For example.. this theory I had last week that there are three kinds of people in this world. One, the kinds who can walk into a coffee shop and know what to order before looking at the menu. Two, those who spend six minutes and bit to decide,and will eventually take a mocha cappuccino (gee!!) coz the guy behind yelled "get on with it, already!!" And three, those who don't have coffee but are in the shop anyway, coz there s free WiFi to browse the Facebook. Quite despondent. Next thing I d tell you, it s an analogy for life or someting. Tch, such load of crap. What s with man's obsession with coffee anyway? Or life, for that matter.

Other news, I ve started writing my thesis. While still completing the experiments. Which in some way, is the most somber thing that one could indulge in, this summer.. especially when the entire world around you is either on vacation or is not on talking terms with work. Talk about loveless marriages!

And on a completely unrelated note, has anyone heard Ani Difranco? Plucky, intriguing lyrics and really spunky guitar play. Very interesting artiste. Feminist apparently, but well.. I guess no one's perfect. Also, there is this song.. by someone called Rocky Votolato, which makes lil sense, but it is very quirky, and I can't quite stop playing it today. Weird song, but has kept me amused for sometime now.

I ll brb.

6 Comments:

Blogger ravptor said...

Aah, only if a mocha cappachino gets served every time someone yells "get on with it, already!!".

The orange flavor really got onto you huh?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

I don't drink coffee anymore =)

And it is cappuccino.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Leena said...

Random Question..Why Taking Back Monday? Anything to do with the almost namesake band? curious..I m linking you on my blog if you dont mind.

12:26 AM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

Actually yea.. I came across this band's name "Taking back Sunday".. (never seriously heard them though) but thought no one ever loses Sundays, or even Saturdays for that matter.. we did lose the other five days however. And prolly Mondays hurt the most. So as a humble mark of protest, I dont work on Mondays (or Tuesdays, or Wednesdays.. Thursdays also, some insist.. but nevermind them) umm.. hence the weekday reduction propaganda. Join the cause if you believe. We can make a difference. (I should come up with a poster or something =p) Proselytism can never be evil. Especially if it means more holidays.

And of course, you could add the link.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Leena said...

Sure..I have a very bad case of monday morn'g blues or rather black-outs! miss those surprise holidays we use to have for a random bandh or rainy day...

6:46 PM  
Blogger vigbert said...

i think we shud jst call it morning blues...for me monday is no different

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home