Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I think I wear my trousers two sizes big..

I was out shopping in Europe last week. (And also had to give a couple of talks while at it). Did well, spoke well outta my arse.. realized a lot, people seemed impressed and all those good things. Also, got to travel a bit.

Everything you read about the place is true. Yes, it is indeed haunted by the ghosts of the Renaissance thinkers who ride across the lands from the Caucasus mountains in their Enduro mud bikes. Kiddin.. excuse the early morning brain fizz!! Must be the jet lag. I actually mean, life in general was great and ornately beautiful. The trains were lovely and clean. The food included a lot of coffee.. and the journey, a lot of musing. A phantasmic peace travelled along. Did not have to worry much about things (though I did run into the Swiss police once without my passport on me and they threatened to put in jail next time, but it's alrite I survived =p).

Among other things, visited the Allianz Arena in Munich, even after this disaster early this month!! Went around clicking touristy pictures at other places, some of which are on the google photos thing. Spent a lot of money unbecoming of a grad student. The credit card company must be happy.



And the women.. of course. Were (very) well dressed, seem smart, were efficacious and importantly, were into guys with dark hair/eyes (which also advocates the 'smart' remark). They all seem to know a 'lil bit' of English but always know where 'you' are.

Fun, it was. Yes.

7 Comments:

Blogger ADR said...

Nice pics.

Europe is THE place to go visiting... isn't it?
Grad life must be fun, esp when you throw in a bit of Australia here and li'l Europe there.

5:49 PM  
Blogger P said...

dude, only africa and south america remain!

1:14 AM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

@Divya: Life is generally fun, irrespective of it being grad-ed or Europe-ed.. just needs a lil conviction from one's side to realize it.

@Partha: Hehe.. that would have to wait, dude. Could be awhile. =)

3:25 PM  
Blogger vigbert said...

I am just too depressed at my life after the pics.

Initially the post cards were nice..but now i am suspecting it's all intentional. :(

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

Nee bondha ra!! =)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Sashikanth said...

wt... oO !

2:19 AM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

@Shashi: I must be getting really old.. I don't even understand what it means =p

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home