Friday, December 25, 2009

poland



i did nt write a single word on the trip. did nt have a thought, apparently.

but then again, i think this poem by charles bukowski prolly sums it up for me..

at this time
I no longer have to work
the nightclubs, the universities,
the bookstores
I no longer have to tell the freshman English class
at the U. of Nebraska (Omaha)
at 11 a.m. while sitting
at a yellow elevated desk
why I did it
how I did it
and what they might do in order to do
it for
themselves

I don’t mind the plane flights back
with the businessmen
all of us drinking doubles
and looking out past the wing
trying to relax
grateful that we were not on skid row
knowing we had certain abilities
(so far)
which have saved us from that.

I may have to do it all again, but
right now I am where I belong:
passing over my own Grand Canyon
on schedule
no seat belt
no stewardess
no lost luggage.

3 Comments:

Blogger P said...

pictures dude pictures

3:52 PM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

I did nt click many pictures dude, but will take others from friend and put em up on Facebook today.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Leena said...

Nice pic.. and poem.

Wish I could say, "no lost luggage."

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home