Sunday, November 18, 2007

Today

The church tower shows eleven. There must be a tea brewing somewhere, in the kitchen, on a stove. It is a sunny morning, the clouds are flying in glee.. a cool gust in the distance I can see.. kissing the leaves, rustling the tree.

The lovely amber tree blushes, turns green in three.

I could send pictures. I could send words. In little white boxes with a strung bow ribbon around. Of huddled red roofs and wide blue skies, of slow smoking chimneys and sweaty black-skinned rails.

Of unmade beds and bundled floors.. of vanishing curtains and scented bath tubs. Of little songs, that are being written somewhere..

The skin is warm. The air is bright. It was snowing yesterday. But today is good..

Hm. Good.

***

If I had a dog, she would sit here, next to me on the roof. My mom would be scared, may be. But I think she would be safe. She would snuggle in her paws, closing them in.. separated by nothing but her furry skin, resting her muzzle on top.. her two brown beady eyes would climb up from behind the lids to gaze nonchalantly. At the town by our feet, resting in our sight.

May be, I could take the dog for a walk today. Across the wooden fences, around the green slopes. Down to the center, to the cobble stoned streets, to the flat footed land. We could walk by the narrow lanes, to the old castle. The air is light and the breeze with it. It should be a good walk. On a day like today. May be today. If I had a dog. 

She would have liked it.

***

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Finding Neverland... not sure why though!! must be the walk,dog and the literary equivalent of a postcard.

"Of huddled red roofs and wide blue skies, of slow smoking chimneys and sweaty black-skinned rails."

7:34 PM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

Does it?

I like that movie a lot. But I think this was inspired by Damien Rice playing in the background though. =p

7:42 PM  
Blogger vigbert said...

shoo! tommy shoo!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Sharad Ragas said...

LOL!!

Edisaav!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger IC said...

awesome piece of writing!reminds me of the typical english streets!!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home